Monday, December 12, 2005

Would this be considered ironic?

Remember that song by Alanis Morrisette? Everyone ragged on her, saying that “rain on your wedding day” and “a traffic jam when you’re already late” were not examples of irony, but of Murphy’s Law.

They were right of course. Now a traffic jam caused by the overturning of an 18-wheeler filled with jars of strawberry jam, now THAT would be ironic.

Apparently someone didn’t pay attention when irony was being taught as a literature style.

Well, back to me!!! :-)

I got into work this morning and found a pile of books in my mailbox. They were my books. My flood books. With my name on them.

The letter attached came from one of the other co-editors, asking that we please catalog them in the media center and share the books with our students and staff.

The best part about it is that I’m the one that is going to catalog them. I’ll be typing my own name into the catalog.

Ok, so maybe that’s not truly ironic but it’s pretty dang COOL, I must say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home